Author Topic: Affiliate  (Read 2406 times)

Offline CFU41

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
Affiliate
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »
Good morning Bob,

On my blog I'm an affiliate with a certain company. Am I allowed to post this anywhere ?

Thanks  :)

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 681
    • Loutses- The Village We Now Call Home
Re: Affiliate
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »
Good morning Bob,

On my blog I'm an affiliate with a certain company. Am I allowed to post this anywhere ?

Thanks  :)

I don't see why not! Out of interest, there's no obvious affiliation on your Blog that I can see what or who is it? Amazon maybe?

Bob
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.
- Anon.

Offline CFU41

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:05:21 PM »
Thank You Bob , :D  I just wanted to ask before I do it, don't want to get thrown out of the forum.

And, yes it's Amazon, if someone buys, I receive a small commission.

Where should I post? in the ad section ?

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:58 AM »
I am not sure what you want to do. Do you just wish to point out to others that if they are considering buying from Amazon that they may like to do so through the link on your blog and that the minimal commission you get will help with the running costs of the blog. If that is the case, I suggest doing it in 'General Discussion' as you will hit a larger audience.

Two things! Firstly be aware that there are a few members that seem to object to Amazon legally avoiding taxes! You may get comments. I suggest a) not taking it to heart and b) don't respond!

Secondly, be aware that most of our membership are based in the UK. Amazon US will refused to send there and will refer buyers to the UK site. I don't now if this will affect anything.

Bob
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.
- Anon.

Offline CFU41

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
Ok Bob thanks for all the help. With all that said it's ok.  I will not post. I'm looking and trying ways to monetize my blog, I need to make some type of income because as you know things  are bad in Greece. After reading and asking a lot , a lot of questions, I was advised to add affiliate links and yes it will help with the costs of running a blog not a blogspot, in the future :) THANKS you are always so helpful.  :)

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
Your welcome! Good luck! Keep up the good work. Even I can follow your recipes!

Bob
- Anon.

Offline CFU41

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
awww your too nice :)

All content Copyright 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25