Author Topic: Issues raised by forum members - Discuss!  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Dasia

• Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 55
Re: Issues raised by forum members - Discuss!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:29 AM »
Wow! Went south to indulge in a bit of cross-border shopping and find a lot to catch up with here.

The forum continues to respond to good ideas from members--especially love the Cook's Corner.

Very surprised at the revival of xxxxx. It's a good thing--Greece and Corfu can use all the positive publicity they can get and it's to be hoped the good work of Judy at the Donkey Sanctuary and the xxxxxWF will be promoted too. I'll check in from time to time and if I can contribute, I will. But I really like the way this one is shaping up and expect it will be my "home away from Corfu." I appreciate having a place to relax and enjoy the lighter topics, love the trove of history and book reviews that's being built up, and look forward to discussing frankly but respectfully the current "interesting" times in Greece.

Well, I like everything except the karma feature. Could be a Canadian thing--we hate to offend and to have a counter sitting there reminding you you could--or worse did--offend someone is a little disturbing.  :-[ However, aside from applauding posts I especially admire I will take the advice of other members and just try to ignore it.

Can't imagine how much time Bob and Trisa are having to put into all this. Thank you so much!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:57:57 AM by Dasia »
“Gradually the magic of the island settled over us as gently and clingingly as pollen.” G. Durrell

Offline ellenjay

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »
Dasia, I too have been wondering about the Donkeys and the other animal helpers in Corfu.

I do not do facebook myself but there is a link to a public facebook page for xxxxWF. I may try and do the link thing later when feeling stronger!

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 681
    • Loutses- The Village We Now Call Home
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
Ellenjay,

The subject of charities missing out is a subject that Trisa and I have been discussing. There is of course the Agni Animal Welfare Fund (There, I've said it!) and Corfu Donkey Rescue which are always after support. Being of the mindset that people are as important, I rather like the idea of supporting 'The Smile of a Child'.

I am just off out with the dogs but will return and start a new thread on this subject rather than have it buried here.

Thanks for bringing the subject back to the front of my mind. (There's a lot of space for it to rattle around in!)

Bob
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.
- Anon.

Offline ellenjay

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »
Thanks Bob.

Perhaps something like a list of contacts?

I too support both people and animal causes - but sometimes people come across animals when on holiday and either want to help a sick animal or want to know if they can help in another way. For example I sponsor cat neutering myself.

Thanks for responding.

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 681
    • Loutses- The Village We Now Call Home
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 02:11:43 PM »
Ellenjay,

Thanks for your input. All valid points.

If anyone wants to discuss the issue of charities further, can I ask that they mosey on over to the thread 'Charity Begins ....Where?' and let the original thread run its course.

Ta muchly

Bob
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.
- Anon.

All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25