Author Topic: Travel and Tourism  (Read 10779 times)

Offline Wynne

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 67
Re: Travel and Tourism
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
Anyone used Green Bus from Thessaloniki to Corfu? How far in advance do you need to book or can you turn up on the day?  Anyone managed to book tickets online as the link they sent us doesn't work.

Offline Viviene

• Thank You
  • -Given: 196
  • -Receive: 186
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2019, 05:20:13 PM »
Hello Wynne

The Bus from Thessaloniki Bus Station to Corfu leaves at 09.00 am or 14.00 pm and takes you straight onto the Boat and if you do not want to get back on the Bus at Corfu Port you can tell the Bus Driver and come off as Foot Passenger or you can get back on the Bus and go around to the Bus Station near the Airport.  We caught the 09.00 Bus and there was only about 12 of us on the Bus at the Bus Station.  We did stop and pick a lady up on the way whose car had broken down though  ;D

The Bus takes a good few hours to Igoumenitsa.  That is including a 30 minute stop up in the mountains for a cup of coffee and a stretch of the legs.  Beautiful scenery we travelled on it in June and there was still snow on top of the Mountains.  Then you have the boat trip to Corfu.

If you are staying in Thessaloniki City overnight the next day you need to catch the number 8 or 12 bus to the Bus Station they are pretty frequent but do allow for heavy traffic in the City.  We actually got to the bus Station about 50 minutes early  and bought our tickets on the day at the Bus station.  For the whole trip it cost us 92 Euro this was for two people and included the Boat ticket price.

Anything else you need just ask and I will help if I can. 

Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.

Offline Wynne

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2019, 11:21:44 PM »
Thank you Vivienne that's very useful.  We're travelling early September and were concerned about whether we would need to book early.  From what you say we could probably sort it when we get to Thessaloniki as we are spending five days there.  Looking forward to it.  I was last in Thessaloniki in 1985!

Offline Viviene

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »
It is a very beautiful city Wynne.  We have been three times now.

First in 2014 just overnight as I had always wanted to sail into Corfu, I thought it would make a nice change from arriving by air.  Then in 2015 and 2016 we spent November  there both years and the weather in November was beautiful.  We stayed in Ladadika area lovely and peaceful. 

I hope you have a lovely time.

Offline Wynne

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 01:45:56 PM »
Only in Greece! Apparently you can book online but only 1-2 weeks before you travel.  So much for planning on advance😯  I'm sure it's not a problem but there appear to be only two buses a day and we have already booked and paid for hotels in Thessaloniki and Corfu.

Offline Viviene

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 02:07:49 PM »
No problem Wynne we travelled in June when the universities have broken up and there was just a dozen of us on the coach at the most.

Early September you will not have the busy season so much then.  Students who go to the University in Thessaloniki will be travelling back there and not home bound.

The most you would have are couples travelling like yourselves.

We had two Papas, a yiayia, 2 lots of couples and some students and we were the only English on the coach.  We caught the 09.00 across.  Maybe there would be more on the later one.

Viv

All content Copyright 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25