Author Topic: Classic Film Club 'La Boheme' postponed to 13th January  (Read 1428 times)

Offline iscalink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Classic Film Club 'La Boheme' postponed to 13th January
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:55:16 AM »
Once again I’m afraid the cinema cannot show ‘La Boheme’ for reasons beyond our control, so this will now be shown next Tuesday 13th January (see details below). My sincere apologies for any inconvenience and I’ll send a reminder nearer to the time. I have been assured there will be no problem next week.

Also, I have rescheduled the films and cut out some to avoid going too far into Spring when demand drops off.

Reviews
‘Breathtakingly dramatic and emotional… full to the brim with some of the best vocal talents of today … the film has not only managed to stay true to Puccini’s story but has also succeeded in adding another exciting and dynamic dimension to the opera.’ Opera News Magazine

'lavishly detailed... Dornhelm has translated the opera to the screen with imaginative, occasionally arty, touches… Netrebko’s and Villazon’s singing is glorious.’ - Sunday Times

Film: ‘La Boheme’
Place: Orpheus Cinema
Day: Tuesday
Date: 13th January
Time: 4.30pm
Running time 109 mins
Price: €5

SYNOPSIS
La Boheme tells of the love between an impoverished writer, Rodolfo (Villazon) and a seamstress, Mimi (Netrebko). They meet by chance one memorable Christmas Eve in Rodolfos’s simple but cold garret on the left bank in Paris. They instantly fall in love only to find that love ultimately ripped away by Mimi’s fatal illness.

TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MoAt6d2SY

FUTURE FILMS                                                                        
13 Jan   La Boheme - Opera - Italian with English Subtitles (Wednesday)
20-Jan   Wuthering Heights - Greek Subtitles
27-Jan   Four Weddings and a Funeral - Greek Subtitles
03-Feb   Amadeus
10 Feb   Hamlet - In English - No Greek Subtitles
17-Feb   Dead Poet’s Society
24-Feb   Zorba the Greek
03-Mar   Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
10-Mar   Magic Flute - Opera - Italian with English Subtitles
17-Mar   Merchant of Venice - In English - No Greek Subtitles
24-Mar   My Fair Lady

All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25