Author Topic: Corfu Film Club 4th November  (Read 1446 times)

Offline iscalink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Corfu Film Club 4th November
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
Tuesday’s Film Club will go ahead as planned but at 4.30pm (see below). Numbers are still quite low, so if we want it to continue it is up to us. I have noticed that over 50 of you accessed our last message and if more of you could support the venture, you would be very welcome. If you email me at corfuarts@gmail.com, I would be happy to put you on the list (there is no membership fee, only €5 for the ticket on the day). This will be the final Film Club unless we have more support and I will be at Orpheus Cinema from 4pm, if any of you would like to chat.

Best wishes

Richard

A Man for All Seasons

This film won 7 Oscars when it first came out and whether you will be seeing it for the first time or have seen it before, it is well worth the trip into town.

Place: Orpheus Cinema
Day: Tuesday
Date: 4th November
Time: 4.30pm
Price: €5

Synopsis
The story takes place in 16th century England where men like Sir Thomas More, who love life yet have the moral fibre to lay down their lives for their principles, are found in every century. Concentrating on the last seven years of the English chancellor’s life, the struggle between More and his King hinges on Henry VIII’s determination to break with Rome so he can divorce his current wife and wed again and More’s inability to go along with such heresy. More resigns as chancellor, hoping to be able to live out his life as a private citizen. But Henry will settle for nothing less than that the much respected More give public approval to his headstrong course.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6wAFK7klc

Film List
4-Nov   Man for all Seasons
11-Nov   La Traviata (opera)
18-Nov   Fish called Wanda (switched from 11th)
25-Nov   Touch of Spice (Politiki Kouzina)
2-Dec   Richard 111
09-Dec   Chariots of Fire
16-Dec   Ben Hur
23-Dec   Shakespeare in Love
30-Dec   La Boheme (opera)
06-Jan   Wuthering Heights
13-Jan   Four Weddings and a Funeral
20-Jan   Fargo
27-Jan   Merchant of Venice
03-Feb   Dead Poet's Society
10-Feb   Magic Flute (opera)
17-Feb   Captain Corelli’s Mandolin (switched from 10th)
24-Feb   North by North West
03-Mar   Hamlet
10-Mar   Tea with Mussolini
17-Mar   My Fair Lady
24-Mar   Zorba the Greek
31-Mar   Love Actually
7-Apr   Amadeus

All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25