Author Topic: Light at the end of the tunnel  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Maggy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 192
  • -Receive: 140
Light at the end of the tunnel
« on: November 28, 2015, 01:54:43 PM »
I hope!
I saw the consultant yesterday ,X-rays taken again!
He explained in great detail why I'de had to wait a full year after my mild heart attack for my hip.op!

If my hip op.had been life threatening they would have no choice but to,operate!
As it was not life threatening ,it was put on hold for a year for my safety !!!

He was very apologetic that I'de had to wait ,in great pain and discomfort ,,but the good news was after the 21st of January 2016 ,I would be a priority for my hip operation to go ahead!
No waiting!
No 16\18 weeks guide lines to be followed after seeing a consultant!

Sometime in December I'll get a few phone calls to attend a pre op and an open day,,patients undergoing the same op will be advised of the do's and donts of what to do after the op!
Things to help after the op will be allocated to help ,,things like sock putter oners
Grabbers!
Zimmer frames!
Trollers!
Etc etc!
Most of the things he mentioned I've already bought,,preloved of course!

Six weeks after my op ,I'll see him in clinic,if doing well ,he'll prioritise me for a second op!
Yes my other hip needs replacing!
If all ok that will be done 3/4 months after my first op!

And no,,he can't make my legs longer so that they reach my neck ,,pity !

Now hopefully I can at least pencil in our trips to Corfu etc and get on with my life,,the first thing once I'm up and mobile is to,,,donate my wheel chair!
That thing has caused more arguments than soft joe!
I'm reluctant to go out in it,especially  around the shops ,,as we arrive home not talking to each other!! :)
How things have changed,,one of the nurses who popped into the consultants office while we were there ,,,she said excuse me Dave ,do,you know, have you seen ?
His name is David ,,,very relaxed chap,bit like the man next door !

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:00:14 PM by Maggy »

Offline wishiwas

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Light at the end of the tunnel
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:16:22 PM »
Maggy,you are a real trouper, without a hint of complaint  ;) . Truly hoping your op comes quickly and recovery is without note or hiccup (but would love to hear the gory details!!). 

What is a troller(s)??

Jane X

Offline Maggy

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
Aww thank you Jane for your kind comments!

A troller is a typo  :)
It should read trolley ,,it has four wheels,two trays and high handles,,it serves lots of purposes,,right now the bottom tray is full of phone and I pad chargers!!
I usually have my dinner off it,,that's when the top tray is not full of washing  waiting to be taken up the stairs! ::)

Not sure about relaying gory details as I feel faint at the sight of blood,but, I'm sure there'll be lots to tell !
I've still a while to wait before op day ,,hopefully I'll have time to get used to the idea that it's real and is going to happen,instead of something that is only talked about ! :-*

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 681
    • Loutses- The Village We Now Call Home
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »
Things seem to finally be going your way at last, Maggy! Keep us posted!
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.
- Anon.

Offline Maggy

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »
Yes Bob it's looking that way!
After seeing the consultant on Friday afternoon,I got a  phone call from the cardiac department on Monday asking if I  could got for an echocardiogram at 7 o'clock that night! :)

All content Copyright 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25