Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Last post by Wynne on September 18, 2021, 06:22:48 PM »
I donít want to speak too soon Trisa but apart from a dry cough and no sense of taste I havenít been too bad. I donít know enough of the science to make any general statements on the basis of my own experience but the only thing I will say was that I was shocked at how easy it still is to catch this virus even when double vaccinated and glad that the vaccination seems to have protected me from the worst aspects of Covid, touch wood. Thanks everyone for the good wishes
General Discussion / Re: Coronavirus - Covid19 Local/National Information and Updates
« Last post by Trisa on September 18, 2021, 05:47:16 PM »
In Corfu: EODY reports 40 new positive cases today in Corfu bringing the total to 751 so far this month. https://eody.gov.gr/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/covid-gr-daily-report-20210918.pdf

In Greece: The new laboratory-confirmed cases of the disease recorded in the last 24 hours are 2,190, of which 18 were identified after checks at the country's gates.

The total number of cases is 629,498 (daily change + 0.3%), of which 51.0% are men.

Based on the confirmed cases of the last 7 days, 139 are considered to be related to travel from abroad and 3,204 are related to an already known case.

The new deaths of patients with COVID-19 are 37, while since the beginning of the epidemic a total of 14,433 deaths have been recorded. 95.4% had underlying disease and / or age 70 years and older.

The number of patients treated by intubation is 348 (64.7% men). Their median age is 64 years. 80.5% have an underlying disease and / or age 70 years and older. Among intubated patients, 320 (91.95%) are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and 28 (8.05%) are fully vaccinated. Since the beginning of the pandemic, 3,086 patients have been discharged from the ICU.

The admission of new Covid-19 patients to the hospitals of the territory is 193 (daily change + 3.76%). The average seven-day admission is 202 patients.

The median age of cases is 39 years (range 0.2 to 106 years), while the median age of death is 78 years (range 0.2 to 106 years).
https://www.in.gr/2021/09/18/greece/koronaios-2-190-nea-krousmata-kai-37-thanatoi-stous-348-oi-diasolinomenoi/

General Discussion / Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Last post by Trisa on September 18, 2021, 05:27:47 PM »
We went to a taverna the other evening which has inside seating and a few tables on the pavement. As it was on a busy main road, we went inside as only two tables were taken and the whole front of the place was open to the pavement so there was plenty of ventilation. We knew it was never a busy place unless they had live music, which on this evening they didn't. I think only three tables were taken during the course of the evening and they were well spaced apart. The staff were wearing their masks properly.

The only thing which was a concern was that the new ruling came in on the 13th where you can only sit inside if you have your vaccination certificate or you have had covid in the last six months and have a recovery certificate. We went in expecting to be asked for ours but weren't.

It seems that those we have asked don't like the thought of discriminating against the unvaccinated or just don't think they should be the people enforcing the rule. The thought that they may get a hefty fine and be closed down for not enforcing the rule or that they are discriminating against the vaccinated does not seem to enter the equation.

We even know someone who says they have decided not be work over the winter because they feel so strongly that it is not their place to enforce the rule.

Maybe it will just take time to get going. Who knows.
« Last post by Trisa on September 18, 2021, 05:08:41 PM »
How are you now, Wynne?
« Last post by Wynne on September 18, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
From my own experience I think you are very wise
« Last post by Corfusagapo on September 18, 2021, 02:49:39 PM »
I won't be getting on a bus, plane or even getting in a taxi for a long time yet.  Yes!  I'm still wearing my tinfoil hat (not really - just getting it in first!). ;)
« Last post by Aceman on September 18, 2021, 02:39:26 PM »
No mention of masks on planeís or the unneeded PLF tripe
« Last post by Red1 on September 18, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
Iím sure they are correct in stopping those companies ripping off the punters with the cost of PCR tests. Just not too sure on the scrapping of them altogether. Surely it would have been better to still have some selective testing without charge so they could do sequencing?
« Last post by Trisa on September 17, 2021, 11:34:31 PM »
COVID-19: Delighted travel firms see surge in bookings as traffic light system scrapped - as government faces calls to remove testing altogether
From 4 October, the current traffic light system of red, amber and green countries will be scrapped in England and replaced with one red list only.

Travel companies have seen a sharp surge in bookings as the government announced the current traffic light system of red, amber and green countries will be scrapped for England from 4 October.

Thomas Cook's chief executive said customers are "already booking in their droves" following the latest travel changes, with the holiday company experiencing its second best day of bookings alone this year on Friday and expecting its "best weekend yet".

Airlines including British Airways and easyJet also welcomed the major relaxing of travel rules for people coming in and out of England - but increased the pressure on the government to remove testing requirements altogether.

On Friday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps announced that from early October, anywhere not on the red list will be considered green and clear for travel - with the amber list set to be removed.

Also from that date, travellers who are fully vaccinated will no longer need to take pre-departure tests for travelling into England from non-red list countries.

Then, from the end of October, they will be able to replace their day-two PCR test with a cheaper lateral flow test.

Those unvaccinated will still have to pay for PCR tests.

See more ... https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-delighted-travel-firms-see-surge-in-bookings-as-traffic-light-system-scrapped-as-government-faces-calls-to-remove-testing-altogether-12410617?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter
General Discussion / Re: Coronavirus - Covid19 Local/National Information and Updates
« Last post by Trisa on September 17, 2021, 05:37:01 PM »
In Corfu: EODY reports 42 new positive cases today in Corfu bringing the total to 711 so far this month. https://eody.gov.gr/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/covid-gr-daily-report-20210917.pdf

In Greece: The new laboratory-confirmed cases of the disease recorded in the last 24 hours are 2,255, of which 9 were identified after checks at the country's gates.

The total number of cases is 627,314 (daily change + 0.4%), of which 51.0% are men.

Based on the confirmed cases of the last 7 days, 128 are considered to be related to travel from abroad and 2,984 are related to an already known case.

The new deaths of patients with COVID-19 are 39, while since the beginning of the epidemic a total of 14,394 deaths have been recorded. 95.4% had underlying disease and / or age 70 years and older.

The number of patients treated by intubation is 352 (64.5% men). Their median age is 64 years. 80.7% have underlying disease and / or age 70 years and older. Among intubated patients, 322 (91.48%) are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and 30 (8.52%) are fully vaccinated. Since the beginning of the pandemic, 3,080 patients have been discharged from the ICU.

The admission of new Covid-19 patients to the hospitals of the territory is 186 (daily change -9.71%). The average seven-day admission is 208 patients.

The median age of cases is 39 years (range 0.2 to 106 years), while the median age of death is 78 years (range 0.2 to 106 years).
https://www.in.gr/2021/09/17/greece/koronaios-2-255-nea-krousmata-kai-39-thanatoi-stous-352-oi-diasolinomenoi/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.