Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Last post by Wynne on April 13, 2021, 06:22:43 PM »
Thanks both.  That’s pretty much what I thought.  I think terms like COVID free are misleading and could make people over-confident as there is still a need to follow the rules.  I realise they want to encourage people to travel, but that does not justify statements of this kind.
.................. and don't go in a crowded boat!  ;)

https://enimerosi.com/details_en.php?id=56403

::)
General Discussion / Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Last post by Trisa on April 13, 2021, 05:47:16 PM »
Not sure about the language used here.  Is it true to say that someone who has been vaccinated is COVID-free or can they still catch and pass on the virus?

"Even after being fully vaccinated, you can still catch the virus, develop Covid-19, and spread the virus to others. Vaccination simply greatly reduces your risk of getting more severe Covid-19 and may potentially reduce your risk of catching the virus."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/04/10/fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-coronavirus-heres-what-you-can-do-now/
Not sure about the language used here.  Is it true to say that someone who has been vaccinated is COVID-free or can they still catch and pass on the virus?

This may explain:-
https://www.livemint.com/science/health/can-i-still-spread-the-coronavirus-after-i-m-vaccinated-11617541525866.html
« Last post by Wynne on April 13, 2021, 04:43:27 PM »
« Last post by Trisa on April 13, 2021, 03:38:13 PM »
‘Green passport’ scheme for Covid-free EU travel gathers pace
https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1159224/green-passport-scheme-for-covid-free-eu-travel-gathers-pace/
13.04.2021 • 09:22

Greece and another 12 European Union member-states have agreed on the outlines of a scheme aimed at ensuring safe travel and boosting tourism within the bloc following last year’s poor summer season, Austria Press Agency reported on Monday.

According to the report, Austrian Tourism Minister Elisabeth Kostinger said that the member-states hammered out the details of a proposal for a “green passport” first introduced earlier this year and will forward them to the European Commission for approval, with an eye to a launch by June at the latest.

She explained that the scheme consists of a certificate confirming that travelers are “Covid-free” by producing evidence of proper vaccination against the novel coronavirus, having recently recovered from the infection and been given a clean bill of health, or having recently tested negative for the virus.

According to the report, the information will be stored on a QR code linked to a national rather than a shared system that could raise questions about data protection violations.

Apart from Greece and Austria, the scheme also includes Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia and Spain.
Hints and Tips / Driving Licence this summer
« Last post by Banksy on April 13, 2021, 11:48:03 AM »
I have read mixed reports on this. Has the Greek Government issued a definitive ruling on whether tourists this summer will need an International licence in addition to their UK licence?
General Discussion / Re: Football 2021
« Last post by Bob on April 13, 2021, 10:35:15 AM »
Big game tonight! Come on you Blues!

Perhaps TT should make them wear pink with baggy shorts again like in the first leg. It did the trick then and the threat of something similar clearly woke them up last weekend.

Damn! We're the home side so true blue it will be! :D
General Discussion / Re: Current rules in Corfu
« Last post by Grahame on April 12, 2021, 09:47:37 PM »
I hope you don't mind me jumping into your thread to ask a quick question please - I have a friend thinking of travelling from Switzerland to Paxos via Athens & Corfu, she'll have to stop over in Athens one night & also in Corfu before there's a boat to Paxos, where she'll then self isolate as per the rules. But, does the time in Athens & Corfu qualify as part of the 7 day quarantine, or does that only start when she reaches her final destination i.e. her house on Paxos? Many thanks if there's a clear answer to this one.
« Last post by Trisa on April 12, 2021, 08:22:09 PM »
https://www.ertnews.gr/perifereiakoi-stathmoi/kerkira/epicheirisan-na-fygoyn-paranoma-gia-italia-kai-vrethikan-thetikoi-ston-koronoio/

They tried to leave illegally for Italy and tested positive for the coronavirus.

Three illegal immigrants found positive with coronavirus, tried this morning to leave Corfu by wooden boat bound for Italy, when they were located and arrested by the Coast Guard .

These are three Indians , who belonged to a group of 14 immigrants who arrived in Corfu in the last days, according to information, most of them by air, as they had stated, for seasonal agricultural work on the island.

The same information states that they were located by the Coast Guard on the coast of Corfu when they tried to leave for Italy , they were arrested and as planned, everyone was tested. All 14 are being held in solitary confinement and quarantine and the test will be repeated in the next few days, as there are fears that there will be other positives due to their contact without precautionary measures in the last 24 hours.

How on earth did this happen? http://www.corfu-forum.com/forum/general-discussion/coronavirus-covid19-local-information-8968/msg83363/#msg83363
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.