Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Coronavirus - Covid19 Local/National Information and Updates
« Last post by Trisa on April 12, 2021, 06:47:00 PM »
EODY reports NO known new positive cases in Corfu today, Monday, so the total so far this month remains at 98.

In Greece: Deaths climb again, intubated patients still near 800
12.04.2021 • 18:35 https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1159173/deaths-climb-again-intubated-patients-still-near-800/

The drop in the number of Covid-19 fatalities on Sunday was not repeated on Monday as the death toll jumped back up to 76 from 52 the day before.

The number of intubated patients also remains in the same high territory as on previous days at 781, according to the National Organization for Public Health (EODY).

New coronavirus cases showed a marked decline on Monday, at 1,060, though the figure stems from a relatively small number of tests (less than 21,000) compared to last week, when 75,182 tests led to a high of 4,309 new infections on Tuesday alone.

Good news is also elusive in terms of the pressure on hospitals, with the latest official figures, from Sunday, showing 539 admissions against 167 releases and occupancy at 59% for regular Covid wards and 85% for intensive care beds.
General Discussion / Re: Coronavirus - Covid19 Local/National Information and Updates
« Last post by Trisa on April 12, 2021, 03:22:58 PM »
Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases per 100,000 in the past 7 days in Greece as of April 12th is slightly down at 187.1. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Compare that to the UK which is now 15.6.
General Discussion / Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Last post by Wynne on April 12, 2021, 02:30:15 PM »
Some interesting articles in ekathimerini about potential recovery and the barriers they face . I did smile at the reference to ‘an ongoing policy of tax cuts’ in one of the articles😉
General Discussion / Re: General Comments during the Coronavirus/covid-19 Situation
« Last post by Trisa on April 12, 2021, 12:59:55 PM »
https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1159146/greece-to-start-vaccinating-citizens-over-40-in-june-minister-says/

Greece will start coronavirus vaccination of people over 40 years old in June, provided that vaccine deliveries progress according to plan, Greek Health Minister Vassilis Kikilias said in an interview with the state-run Athens-Macedonian news agency (ANA-MPA) published Sunday.

In the same interview, Kikilias appealed to the country’s senior citizens to get vaccinated as soon as possible, adding that the government will after the summer review the issue of mandatory immunization.

Not sure how that will go down!

General Discussion / Re: Football 2021
« Last post by Red1 on April 12, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »
Coys it is well known how many penalties ManU get, personally I think it is something to do with the home crowd. Tribalism to your team is normal, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it just yet. As a neutral only interested in the quality of the football, skill and tactics, ManU were by quite a distance the better team in both departments. Read or listen to whatever you like, unless it’s the Spurs supporters association, they will all agree with the result. I don’t actually recall the 1-6 game too well, but believe there were a number of games that period that were a shock. After dropping points to Newcastle the previous(?) week I think Spurs needed to do something – embarrassing looking at Newcastle now. Also ManU have moved on, Spurs have not. That day (I’ve looked this one up) Spurs were 6th , ManU 16th, Spurs are now 7th and ManU 2nd ! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching Spurs, but take Kane and Son away and there is not much else left.  I still think Liverpool are nearer to City than ManU. Chelsea are the London team of the moment, but perhaps need a Kane!!! ::)
General Discussion / Re: Football 2021
« Last post by Coys on April 12, 2021, 10:55:03 AM »
Red, fortunately or maybe unfortunately did not see the match but instead listened to the commentary and before the disallowed goal remember 1 of the utd players sat on the turf crying for a penalty but not awarded which was a surprise as they sit third in the penalty league with more than double the amount that spurs have , so prehaps they have conned the refs a lot more. Don't remember the 6-1 thrashing of them at old Trafford being a match for conning the ref rather that they were totally out played.
General Discussion / Re: Current rules in Corfu
« Last post by jrk on April 12, 2021, 09:22:40 AM »
And she purchased (with my munny) mini plant pots from the supermarket last Wednesday.
General Discussion / Re: Current rules in Corfu
« Last post by jrk on April 12, 2021, 07:20:33 AM »
My wife informs me that the Chinese/Korean clothes shoop in Archaravi was open last week.
General Discussion / Buying in Corfu - Villa or convert to Apartments?
« Last post by DMcorfu on April 12, 2021, 01:48:33 AM »
Hey Folks

Hope you're keeping well? Unfortunately, the pandemic threw a spanner in the works with our plans for Corfu last year, as I’m sure it did for many of you too.

Quick query re buying and subsequently renting. Is a Villa on a garden plot more rentable than 2 apartments (Villa converted into 2 apts.) on the same plot that can be rented together or to separate families? Is there more work renting as 2 apartments? And do families mind sharing a garden / pool with other families etc.

Thanks

D
General Discussion / Re: True Patriotism
« Last post by Wynne on April 12, 2021, 01:21:55 AM »
As a side issue, this gentleman has for many years contributed to the Greek economy by means of charitable donations.  It is interesting to contrast this with the tax breaks shipping owners have received from successive Greek governments since before the time of the junta.  I recently came across an interesting Reuters report that questioned whether Greek shipping owners really were ‘too big to tax’.  It makes interesting reading in the context of Greece’s recent economic problems and attempts to increase tax revenues

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/eurozone-greece-shipping/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.