Author Topic: Athens Restaurants  (Read 729 times)

Offline Dasia

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 55
Athens Restaurants
« on: June 15, 2016, 01:39:34 AM »
A friend going to a conference in Athens later this month has asked me for restaurant recommendations. He enjoys fine dining--would probably love Avli or Pomodoro in Corfu, for example. However, as I've said in previous posts, my Greek husband only wants to go to traditional-type restaurants (Rouvas and Chryssi, Corfu or Barba Iannis, Athens). My knowledge of gourmet places in the capital is nil.

I'm suggesting the restaurant of the Acropolis museum for the view, but wonder if anyone here has been to Athens recently and could pass on a suggestion for the gentleman and his family. Thanks for any help.
“Gradually the magic of the island settled over us as gently and clingingly as pollen.” G. Durrell

Offline grasshopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Athens Restaurants
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »
Mani Mani. Near the acropolis museum, sadly no view. Small place so would be best to book. Wonderful food, modern Greek in a similar style to Pomodoro, great wine and service. A favourite.

http://manimani.com.gr/english.html

Offline Dasia

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:27:36 AM »
Much appreciated, grasshopper, it looks just right for them. I notice it's near Koukaki, where we stay when in Athens. Maybe I can persuade hubby to step outside his comfort zone next time we're there.
“Gradually the magic of the island settled over us as gently and clingingly as pollen.” G. Durrell

Offline grasshopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:07:51 AM »
You are welcome. One that our Athenian friends recommend but I have not yet tried is Strofi. Much more traditional so may suit your husband better and its in the same neighbourhood.

http://www.strofi.gr/en/

All content Copyright © 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25