Author Topic: Kalami book  (Read 1938 times)

Offline sidneylarkin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Kalami book
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
Hi all.

Not long now before we're back in beautiful Kalami again. Can't wait.

Thought you may be interested to know that I've published a book about our visits to Kalami, about all the weird and wonderful people we've met and the odd events that have taken place around us. Don't worry, it's not the literary equivalent of sitting through somebody's holiday snaps! It's really about the beauty of this North Eastern corner of Corfu, it's people, it's life and the many situations we've found ourselves in over the years. We've met many people in that time, some strange, some eccentric, some worrying but all interesting. We've also witnessed many events, mostly hysterical which spurred in putting to paper what we've experienced so that others may experience also. We've tried to convey the beauty and charm of Kalami and why we, and many others, return year after year. To us it's our little piece of paradise and will always be.

The book is available on Amazon either for download to a Kindle or to your lap top. It's entitled Kalami, Where the Sea Shrugs its Shoulders and is a give away at only 2.49! And yes, there is an explanation for the title.

Cheers guys

See you in four weeks!  8)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:15:33 PM by Bob »

megali rahi

Re: Kalami book
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »
Hi Sidneylarkin ,

Sorry to be pedantic but , should the it's in the book title not be its ? I'm surprised a publisher didn't notice the wrong use of grammar .
I'll have a look at the review , thanks

John

Offline jan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 277
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
absolutely right John-   

It's is short for it is or it has.  This is a 100% rule.  It cannot be used for anything else. If you cannot expand it's to it is or it has, then it is wrong.

Its is used for neuter things. (These are its footprints.)

maybe it was just a typo on this forum.

San Stefano Estate (historical villa welcoming visitors) Benitses
www.SanStefanoEstate.com

Offline sidneylarkin

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
You're both perfectly right. It was a typo on my part, not looking what I'm typing unfortunately. The book title is spelt properly.

Offline Bob

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 682
    • Loutses- The Village We Now Call Home
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
And now the reference to your book is correct! Oh the power!

Bob
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.
- Anon.

Offline sidneylarkin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:47:28 PM »
Cheers Bob. I checked every single its and it's in the book just to make sure I got them right. ;D

megali rahi

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:20:01 PM »
Hi Sidneylarkin , [ or should it be D.J.Smithers  ? ]

I had a quick look on Amazon and read the first part of your book on the preface , it's a pity that chapter three wasn't included , I think that would have drawn more interest from a prospective buyer . But that sort of issue is not within your control , unfortunately . ;D

Did you know that we have another first time published author living close by in Tritsi ? He is Paul Ison hailing from the Isle of Man and his book ' A crooked sign on Albion Street ' is also on offer from Amazon .

John

Offline sidneylarkin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »
Hi John

Thanks for reading the preface, hopefully you enjoyed what you read albeit restricted to just two chapters. I agree with what you said, three chapters would have been better. Pleased with the way things are going though, managed to sell nearly 40 copies so far and it's only been published just over a week. Early days.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:52:38 PM by sidneylarkin »

All content Copyright 2012 Corfu Forum. All rights reserved.
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25